Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Stop Emails For Every New Thread By Others

Options

I am receiving an email for EVERY new thread on the "General" forum , including the avalanche of troll threads.

The trolls appear in blocks of about 6 or 8. Not a good look for an AV organisation.

The only "subscription" settings I can find is "Subscribe to a forum"

1. I only want to subscribe to individual threads of my choosing

2. I want to receive an email notification for any posts in threads I am subscribed to, and be able to unsubscribe when I choose.

3. I do NOT want to subscribe to an entire forum or sub-forum.

I do not know how or where to ensure the above preferences ?

How do I automatically receive email notifications for MY THREADS, or do I have to remember to subscribe to my own threads ?

I have seen the [x] Enable email notification of replies? control on the create post page.

Thank you :)

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Russell, let's see if I can help :)

To subscribe to a a thread, and not a whole sub forum, go to the 1st post in the thread and click the Options tab on the subject line of the thread, and enable, Track this topic:

tracktopic_zpsc9774953.jpg

When you click that, it will bring up the email options settings, enable your preferences:

tracktopic2_zpsd58971da.jpg

You can now control what you want to continue to receive in your My Controls /Subscriptions/View Topics/View Forums. This is where you can check the box, and unsubscribe...in your case, the General Sub forum, in which we have had a rash of spamming going on in the last hour or two on the whole forum (esp. spammer, titas)

tracktopic3_zps8198fa13.jpg

Hope this helps :)

• columbo
    Options
    Hi Russell, let's see if I can help :)

To subscribe to a a thread----------

-----------------------------

----------------------------

lol, just one a, Scott ^_^

To those who may read this thread, the My Controls and misc. other links are only seen and active across the top right of the forum page, when logged in as a member.

• grayghost2
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Colombo :) ... its a while since we last met.

The soup strainer is looking good

Thank you for your detailed instructions, much appreciated.

When I click this ...

post-130814-1399892089_thumb.png

I get this ...

post-130814-1399892169_thumb.png

Instead of this ...

post-130814-1399892208_thumb.png

But in My Control Panel I did find this ...

post-130814-1399892260_thumb.png

If I check the checkbox + hit the "with selected" button I will no longer get an email for all new threads ?

Will my individual thread subscriptions remain intact ?

What can I do to correct the lack of this ... ?

post-130814-1399892208_thumb.png

Thank you

Russell ... I-be-the-bald-one ... arrgh :)

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

Hiya,

You need the section in "My Controls" to un-subscribe from a forum or topic. Once you have done that the section from the drop down at the top returns to the one you are missing.

• columbo
    Options
    Hi Colombo :) ... its a while since we last met.

The soup strainer is looking good

Thank you for your detailed instructions, much appreciated.

lol, :) You're welcome.

When I click this ...

post-4566-1399902239_thumb.png

I get this ...

post-4566-1399902306_thumb.png

Yes, you're getting the above (2nd image) because you are subscribed to the whole General sub forum, and it's saying this Topic you're trying to subscribe to is already included in your General sub forum subscription.

Instead of this ...

post-4566-1399902346_thumb.png

When you unsubscribe to the View Forum/General in your My Controls, you will get the above options when you track a new Topic.

But in My Control Panel I did find this ...

post-4566-1399902388_thumb.png

Yes, the above looks correct, as you clicked on View Forums, which brought up the sub forums you subscribed to, in this case, the General sub forum. You can check each box individually as needed, or if you had a lot to unsubscribe from, the main check box to the right of Last Post. The unsubscribe drop down arrow has other options in case you have a forum or topic you want to change your email notifications for. Then click the with selected button, and it will complete the task, i.e. delete that Forum.

If I check the checkbox + hit the "with selected" button I will no longer get an email for all new threads ?

Will my individual thread subscriptions remain intact ?

Correct, you will lose all those beloved spam emails ^_^ and will have to start over, as the individual thread subscriptions were probably included in your General sub forum subscription (? unless you had a individual Topic saved) So maybe click on those links (in your My Controls Subscriptions) you want to save, copy & paste them, or bookmark them, then unsubscribe to the General forum and only subscribe to the Topics you're interested in.

What can I do to correct the lack of this ... ?

post-4566-1399902508_thumb.png

That will correct itself once you "start over", and subscribe to a Topic, you will get that pop up option. After, you can always go to your Topic in My Controls, and click the box you want to make email notifications changes for, and click the drop down arrow as I mentioned above (the Unsubscribe drop down arrow).

Thank you

Russell ... I-be-the-bald-one ... arrgh :)

lol, you're welcome :) If there is anything else Rohugh and I can clarify, please let us know.