Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Avc3.sys Error Causing Bsod Win 8.1

Options
Innotiva
edited May 2014 in Antivirus

Hi all,

I've experienced the following on 3 different 8.1 (HomePremium / Pro) machines using Bitdefender Internet Security last weekend:

Windows installs updates, after a reboot all pc's have a BSOD Error in nonpaged area avc3.sys

So i've removed bitdefender completely using safe mode.

After a reboot I install the latest version of Bitdefender IS, update them but after that the firewall completely blocks all HTTP(S) traffic. The only solution so far is disabling the firewall.

Is this a common problem and is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance !

There are no other AV/IS/Firewall programs installed.

1 machine is in a domain, others are workgroup pc's.

They are located on different networks and locations

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hello Innotiva and welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

We would like to forward the reported BSOD to the Bitdefender Testing team and, in order to do that, we need a full memory dump log generated after a recent BSOD.

To learn how to generate full memory dumps, please follow the steps from this article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...dumps-1169.html

Please upload the new memory dump resulted after a new BSOD to a file transfer site of your choice such as www.speedyshare.com , www.fileconvoy.com or www.sendspace.com

Post back to send us the download link, so we can retrieve the full memory dump.

To allow http traffic please follow these steps:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Manage adapters" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set :

* Network type to Home/Office

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to YES and click Close.

We are looking forward to your reply.

• I have 2 win 8.1 computers, 1 tower one laptop and both have gone into a booting loop, mentions an error caused by avc3.sys while doing a BSOD.

After several reboots win 8.1 then refreshed itself and I've ended up with a virgin windows 8, which has slowly re-installed/patched itself although now I wonder if I should re-install Bitdefender total security2014 or switch products...?

The internet suggests that this is a bitdefender issue and as its happened on 2 of my computers I'm somewhat worried that I've a problem product...

Help... is there some patch I need. Bitdefender was completely up to date before the windows errors occurred (after all they seem to update once an hour if not more often, I do wish I could switch the updating to just once every 3 or 4 hours).

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options
    Help... is there some patch I need. Bitdefender was completely up to date before the windows errors occurred (after all they seem to update once an hour if not more often, I do wish I could switch the updating to just once every 3 or 4 hours).

Hiya bit-help.

There are a few posts about avc3.sys causing BSOD, search the forums for that term (avc3.sys) and there may be an answer to help you.

Regarding the update frequency, yes it can be changed, this post from Georgia explains how to do it.

Yes, there is a way to change the update frequency in Bitdefender 2013. You need to open this file in Safe Mode:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\settings\system\update_settings.xml

Change the "interval" values:

<SchedulerSettings>
            <SignaturesUpdate enabled="1" first="5" second="10" interval="15" />
            <ProductUpdate enabled="1" first="30" second="0" interval="60" />
        </SchedulerSettings>

In the above string 15 = 15 minutes and 60 = 60 minutes.

As you can see, by default Bitdefender checks for signature updates every 15 minutes and for product updates every hour.

You can increase these 2 numbers to change the update frequency according to your needs.

If you have other questions please don't hesitate to post back.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ bit-help: the BSOD that you are reporting here was solved a few days ago through automatic update of Bitdefender. You can safely reinstall the product now.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.