Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pc Slower With The New Solutions

Options
myge
edited May 2014 in Antivirus

Hello, is anyone getting very slow pc running with the 2014 antivirus?

I have 3 systems totaly diffferent, one on XP, one on Vista and the other one on W8. All systems have at least 3Gb of memory.

Sometimes when I'm coming back from game mode (I found out how to make the problem), the hard drive start rushing hard without stopping from 30 secs to 2 minutes and the system becoming very slow and sometimes mouse stucking for like 5 secondes (XP) and I'm unable to make anything when this is happening (vista and xp). In Windows 8, the system isn't making this problem but it's more slower than before and coming back from game mode, hard drive is rushing too.

I tried total security who is worst and when I'm coming back to a downgrade with the 2013 antivirus version, no problems at all.

PCs are runnig fine with the 2013 version... It seems to me that the lastest versions are taking so much resources trying to update the virus database even if it's already up to date. It's slowing down a bit my systems on startup too and you can easily feel the update when this is happening later.

I know XP isn't supported anymore but there is a huge difference between the lastest version of antivirus and the 2013 version in resources taken or hard drive rushing.

Thanks for help

Comments

• wptski
    Options

Yep, just scroll down the threads and you'll find others with the same issues. I bailed four months into my one year subscription.

• myge
    Options

omg...

I guess there will be no solution for this big problem...