Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Stop Scanning Dvd's

Options

How do I configure Total Security to stop scanning DVD's (game discs) when I put them in? It completely takes over and stops any attempt to install the game or run it if it's already been installed (a none Steam, Ubisoft or Origin game that is - that requires the game disc to be in the drive in order to play it).

While I buy a lot of games digitally I usually do that for the indie games and buy retail for triple'A titles, simply because my internet speeds are crap most of the time (despite paying for up to 30mbps!). So it is annoying when trying to install a game and having to wrestle with the scanning which does not seem to want to stop despite telling it to. I usually have to wait until it's finished scanning before I can install my game. This is also especially annoying when installing a multi-disc game when BD tries to scan each disc and interrupting the installation.

The likelihood of a virus being on a game disc is remote in the extreme and is not necessary to scan them automatically like that. So how I do I stop it from doing it every time?

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In TS2014, just go to "Settings", then "Antivirus", then "Exclusions" and disable "CD/DVD Scanning."

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor