Tray Icon Is Red, But No Problems Indicated On The Program Home Page

So for a day or two now, my BD 2013 has been showing a red warning in the icon tray, indicating multiple errors affecting security status, but when I right click it to bring up the pop-up menu, the "fix all issues" button is not selectable. When I open the program, there are no problems indicated; everything is green.

At first I thought this was the program's way of reminding me (again) that my subscription is about to expire, but I checked my other computers running BD, no such problem was present.

After doing a bit of looking around, I decided to do a repair of BD, as per the instructions on the support page. This did not resolve the problem, and now I can't turn on my active virus control!

I have done a few scans, all of which have come up with nothing. I am planning to renew my subscription this week, but would like some insight into this issue first.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• So for a day or two now, my BD 2013 has been showing a red warning in the icon tray, indicating multiple errors affecting security status, but when I right click it to bring up the pop-up menu, the "fix all issues" button is not selectable. When I open the program, there are no problems indicated; everything is green.

At first I thought this was the program's way of reminding me (again) that my subscription is about to expire, but I checked my other computers running BD, no such problem was present.

After doing a bit of looking around, I decided to do a repair of BD, as per the instructions on the support page. This did not resolve the problem, and now I can't turn on my active virus control!

I have done a few scans, all of which have come up with nothing. I am planning to renew my subscription this week, but would like some insight into this issue first.

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately it sounds completely broken. My advice would be to make a note of the product key and run the uninstaller for the 2013 version in windows safe mode* which you can download here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...nstall_Tool.exe

Then install a fresh copy of 'The New Bitdefender' which you can download from here and use with your existing key (do this bit before removing the old version so you may have some semblance of protection assuming it is doing something still):

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

Since you don't specify which version of windows you are running please google how to enter safe mode for it if you do not know.