Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"add" Option To The Context Menu Disable Antivirus

hi

The staff needs to be respected,Please next update،Quick option to disable antivirus،BitDefender AntiVirus icon in the right-click menu The system tray To add.

thanks.

post-180394-1406927689_thumb.png

Comments

• Disable until reboot would be the equivalent of disabling it I think. The reason for this option I think is just for testing purposes. Ultimately, we need to have optimal up time. Just a "Disable" feature would lead users forget enabling it, thus even if your computer is being rebooted, protection will still be disabled, worst case scenario. 1.gif

• antikythera
    edited August 2014

any such option is used entirely at the end user's discretion. also sometimes there is a need for AV to be disabled after restart too.

you can have multiple choices for this:

-disable for XX minutes (increments of 5/10/15/30/60 minutes for example selectable in a drop down list)

-disable until restart

-disabled user controlled (permanently off until re-enabled by user - sometimes necessary for program or system driver installation that completes after a restart for example)

if the user 'forgets' about turning off AV protection, the security gadget or task tray icon would soon alert them to the fact protection is disabled.

• Like I said, if this option was added to the context menu was not so great.

I know how to disable antivirus,My suggestion was that only in this way that the image of the first posts I AntiVirus icon is added to the context menu.

But only for quick access to Disable Anti-Virus :)

post-180394-1407175317_thumb.png

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2014

I agree that it would be a nice addition, the three time options as shown in the OP are fine, I don't see a need for a lot of choices and, as antikythera says, the tray icon/widget will give enough warning if someone forgets to re-enable it. :)

• However, this option makes it faster and easier to get System tray icons Bitdefender to disable antivirus. ^_^

The addition of this option will help users. :rolleyes: