Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Too Many Quick Scans?

Options

How often is BD free supposed to do quick scans? I read somewhere that it is every 2 days. Mine does it a lot more often than that as can be seen in the attached picture.

post-182775-1407804886_thumb.jpg

Also each one only takes between 20-25 seconds and scans approximately 1200-1300 files. It never shows any files as being known to be clean.

Comments

• How often is BD free supposed to do quick scans? I read somewhere that it is every 2 days. Mine does it a lot more often than that as can be seen in the attached picture.

post-182775-1407804886_thumb.jpg

Also each one only takes between 20-25 seconds and scans approximately 1200-1300 files. It never shows any files as being known to be clean.

The details in the release of version 1.0.16.1022 state quick scans are scheduled every two (2) days. However in a different topic in this forum a moderator states there are many factors that trigger auto-scans. The actual scan frequency may vary. The number of files in your scans falls within the magnitude I am familiar. Your scans are faster than what I am familiar, but there can be a variety of reasons to explain that.

• dch48
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The details in the release of version 1.0.16.1022 state quick scans are scheduled every two (2) days. However in a different topic in this forum a moderator states there are many factors that trigger auto-scans. The actual scan frequency may vary. The number of files in your scans falls within the magnitude I am familiar. Your scans are faster than what I am familiar, but there can be a variety of reasons to explain that.

It did another one tonight (5 hours after the last one) that took 34 seconds. My keyboard has sleep, wake up, and shutdown buttons and I always use the sleep one if I'm going to be AFK for a while. Maybe recovering from sleep mode triggers a scan like that other thread says about a reboot?

I also did a full scan yesterday just for the heck of it and it only took 6 minutes and 12 seconds. I have 260GB of files on the HDD.

• It did another one tonight (5 hours after the last one) that took 34 seconds. My keyboard has sleep, wake up, and shutdown buttons and I always use the sleep one if I'm going to be AFK for a while. Maybe recovering from sleep mode triggers a scan like that other thread says about a reboot?

I also did a full scan yesterday just for the heck of it and it only took 6 minutes and 12 seconds. I have 260GB of files on the HDD.

I do not know the details of what triggers the Quick Sweep cycles. The time Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition took for your full scan looks short, but it is close to what I got for my last Deep Sweep cycle (00:08:53). In general, Bitdefender avoids scanning more than what it needs to scan. So the second time it scans a file or folder, it may take no time at all to simply report it is clean. I am not clear what may tell Bitdefender that anything needs rescanning, probably the updates.

• darge
    Options

I think the default is every two days. But it will also scan your system when it's idle. 1.gif

• dch48
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I do not know the details of what triggers the Quick Sweep cycles. The time Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition took for your full scan looks short, but it is close to what I got for my last Deep Sweep cycle (00:08:53). In general, Bitdefender avoids scanning more than what it needs to scan. So the second time it scans a file or folder, it may take no time at all to simply report it is clean. I am not clear what may tell Bitdefender that anything needs rescanning, probably the updates.

It did a deep sweep today in just over 2 minutes.

post-182775-1408046527_thumb.jpg

My system is an AMD FX-6300 CPU and Windows 8.1 64 bit.

• I used the free version about 8 months and in that time it did scan 3-4 times a weeks.