Defaults For Autopilot Are Too Aggressive

I'm a first time Bitdefender user, moving from Kaspersky.

I have found that the default option for dealing with suspected infected files is to delete them, which I find rather too aggressive based upon the potential of there being a false positive.

I managed to find a way for things to be quarantined so that I can make a more informed decision, which has helped but only after I ran my first complete scan that found things that I know not to be any danger, only to find them deleted without any warning.

First time users should at least be given a clear indication by means of a pop-up that gives them the choice of whether to delete or quarantine.

At least quarantine gives people the option to review something before it gets deleted.

The 'install and forget' mo######r is fine but could lead to dissatisfaction if there is either no initial wizard process or better default settings.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.