Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Boot Recovery Question - Windows 7 Pro

Options

An odd thing occurred last night and wanted to run it by you.

I ran a scan at some point during the day and must of left the window open, went about my business and didn't look at the results until hours later.

The results said something like "53 found, unable to remove, boot in recovery mode". The recovery mode was hyperlinked so I clicked on it and rebooted.

The black and white screen presented me with options of what window OS to use and I picked Windows 7 since I have Windows 7 Pro. It booted me to my desktop.

I ran the scan again and it was clean. How can that be?

I also noted that I needed about 16 windows updates and an adobe flash update that seems to suggest it recovered me to a prior save point; but I don't know if that's true or just a coincidence.

The point is, I'm baffled by why my scans now show I'm no longer infected. What I expected was to be rebooted in to an environment that would allow me to remove any viruses but instead find myself with none to remove.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Just to note, I'm a very careful user. Been working with PC's since the 80's and though any one can get a virus, the most I ever receive are tracking cookies due to how I operate.

Thank you.

Blessings -Zafu