Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[fixed in 18.23.0.1604] Avc And Virtualbox

I'm using Antivirus Plus 2015 and I've encountered a rather curious issue. I run virtual machines without the virtual box gui (vboxheadless.exe, it's a cmd utility that is in the virtualbox folder), but ever since I installed Bitdefender's AV I can't get any of my virtual machines to work. Through experimenting and trial&error I found out that active virus control was blocking the vboxheadless.exe cmd used to run the VMs. Great, so I went ahead and added exceptions for all .DLLs and .EXEs as well as the folders in the Oracle virtualbox folder and set my Active virus control to Permissive.

Still doesn't work. I turn AVC off and it works. I don't understand why the exceptions do not take effect? I've rebooted multiple times, so that's clearly not the issue.

Comments

• Have you added the executable to the list of excluded files or the list of excluded processes? Only the latter is respected by AVC.

• Excluding the VirtualBox processes won't work as Active Virus Control is using the Hypervisor so it's not possible for Virtualbox to start. Only workaround is to disable Active Virus Control thus freeing the hypervisor.

It's a shame that there isn't an option to disable Active Virus Control on start-up of specific applications/processes.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

This issue is resolved in the latest Bitdefender build version 18.23.0.1604

Please update Bitdefender, then restart the computer to apply the changes.

• Hello,

This issue is resolved in the latest Bitdefender build version 18.23.0.1604

Please update Bitdefender, then restart the computer to apply the changes.

And where could I find a full list of changes in this built?

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi,

It will be available later today here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=54669

This discussion has been closed.