Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Password Protected Items?

Options

When I do a full system scan I get the final report saying there were 82 password protected files BD was unable to scan, please insert password and scan individual files, when I follow the path to the items listed it leads to a cache folder within the BD application data which has 307 BD items in it which 82 can't be scanned. Do I just ignore the Password protected message I get on every scan or can I delete that complete cache folder safely. The path to the 82 password protected files is as follows:

Documents & Settings/All Users/ Application Data/Bitdefender/Desktop/OBK/Windows XP User/Cache/

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Drewie,

Bitdefender can't scan password protected files - it can't open them without knowing the password, and these usually belong to programs such as Adobe Flash which are perfectly safe. Plus if it is opened by yourself, or via the program, it will immediately be scanned and blocked if there is a virus present. You can safely ignore them.

Ro.