Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Confused About Scan Result And Rescue Mode

Options

Hi, I have BDTS 2014, my software a few times has told me that that on scan access has disabled itsself and when i try to enable it, it won't, usually doing a repair install fixes it for a few weeks then it usually happens again at some point.

Yesterday though it happened and i done a repair install, afterwards i done a full scan and it told me my system isn't fully clean and it recommended restarting in rescue mode, which i did.

That linux rescue seems good for emergencies but i had to add every folder in my c: one by one, surely there should be an option to just scan the entire drive without having to do that, or am i missing something?

Anyway after adding all the folders and doing a scan, it said my laptop was clean and nothing was found, which puzzled me, after my laptop restarted, i done another full scan and this time it said my laptop was clean and didn't mentoin anything about needing to go into rescue mode.

So i am puzzled now if my drive is clean, my software every few weeks always stops working as i mentioned above and i keep needing to do repair installs yet even in rescue mode it says its clean.

I have run other software and they also say my drives clean.

BD is really statring to get on my nerves, if my system is clean then this software isn't fit for use as it keeps breaking itself.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks

James

Comments

• Lionet
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1) I have run other software and they also say my drives clean.

2) So i am puzzled now if my drive is clean, my software every few weeks always stops working as i mentioned above and i keep needing to do repair installs yet even in rescue mode it says its clean.

Hi James_lpool!

1) It is necessary to have only one firewall, one antivirus software on the computer, not two!. It could create either false alarms or havoc in the system. You could juste have the passive version (free) protection such as malwarebytes but certainly not the active one.

Sometimes, in the past, I took the drive of the computer to check its health+AntiVirus on another system.

2) Is your drive free of bad clusters? Check it please. If your problem is not permanent, it is difficult to see where does it come from. You could deinstall completely BD and reinstall it.

désinstaller Bitdefender

(I guess you could find out the English version)

Please, put details about your computer in your profile, it could help.

Best regards,

L.