Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Backdoor.Vb.ADR found in HDDlife pro 2.9.105

Options

Hi

Since the latest signatures update the installer is being detected as infected.

The problem is that the version I have isn't available any more on the vendorwebsite :

http://www.hddlife.com/HDDlifePro.exe

This is the infected file :

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Eigenaar\Mijn documenten\Downloads Firefox\HDDlife Pro 2.9.109.exe=>(CAB Sfx r)=>HDDlife Pro 2.9.109.msi=>(Embedded CAB)=>_47418C8937334FECA4CD1BAE6C21F585

I have downloaded their latest version and BD also reacts on it. That problem I also have with version 105.

So I think it's a false positiv because in the past it wasn't detected.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Niels

Comments

• vlad
    Options

Yes, it was a false positive. Detection will be removed.

Thank you!

• Niels
    Options

Thanks for you reply.

That was gladly done.

• Niels
    Options

BitDefender redetects the same installer again after the latest signatures updates.

• That means it is still detected as a threat ??

I'll see what went wrong with the latest signatures. ;)

• vlad
    Options

I'll look into it.

• Niels
    Options

Yes I mean that it's detected again. Thanks everyone for the help so far. I really appreciated it.

• jaydee
    Options

I receive the same notification for updater.exe under Polar Protrainer 5 from Polar. It is, I gather the same program and therefor falsely detected.

Regards Jan

• vlad
    Options

@Niels: fixed, again... apparently several versions of that file had FAs "attached"; I have fixed the ones I could find. If it shows up again... you know what to do. :)

Thanks again!

@jaydee: you may very well be right. It may be one of the fixed versions; if detection persists after tomorrow morning (12. Apr.), please upload the file (archive it with the password infected).

• jaydee
    Options

Will do. Thanks for quick response :)

• Niels
    Options

@Vlad : I must thank you for all what you did for me and the others.

• vlad
    Options

I'm here to (try to) help. :)