Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Autoscan Stuck On 1% Complete 200+ Hours Running Bitdefender 2014

Options

First post so please forgive me if I am breaking some of the etiquette.

I am running Bitdefender 2014 Total Security on an HP envy dv7-7202tx laptop running windows 8.1 (64bit). Up until this point it has been fine no issues. An autoscan started running but hasn't progressed above 1% complete. The File/second is stated as 1 and the scan has been running for 214 hours as of this post. It is not a huge issue as it is not drawing massive resources 0.5% CPU and 1.6MB RAM no disk usage. I have tried force closing the process in Task manager with no success. When I stop the scan using the built in Bitdefender stop scan the elapsed time pauses briefly then carries on as before. Same thing when I try to force close it in Task Manager.

Any Help much appreciated :blink:

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

Needless to say it shouldn't be doing that. I had an occasion recently with my Win 8.1 laptop where I couldn't stop the scan running, in the end I had to run a repair on the program which solved it.

Control Panel>Programs and features>Bitdefender>Uninstall and choose "Repair". Let it complete and reboot your computer.

Rohugh