Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Kb3000850 + Windows 8.1 Pro + Intermittent Freezes, Unresponsive

Options

Good morning,

after having had intermittent problems with the desktop responsivness (i.e Firefox or Windows Explorer just freezed), I did a clean install of my system (after having checked HDD's and SDD's for faults and having reseated all plugs in the PC).

After having applied all patches (including optional) and having installed all applications again (including Bitdefender Antivirus) nothing changed. I then did some investigations and found out that there are forum posts on KB3000850 in conjunction with Avast where people tell that they had exactly the same problems as me with my system config.

I did then uninstall this fixpack and I did some testing and the system seems to be up again now ... so far ... however, never say no ...

I read in the forums that Avast would provide a patch for that.

As I am looking for an explanation of these intermittent failures I wonder if someone has the same problems and if Bitdefender knows about that and if - or if not - these problems are caused by the malware engine or by the fixpack itself. As far I have understood the KB changed the way how memory is being mangaged in Windows and that this causes interferences with the Avast engine.

Comments