I Cannot Register!

swgh32
edited December 2014 in Install & register

Every time I try to register and click on Login, it says "The connection to the server has failed. The product could not be activated"

What is wrong? What should I do?

Thank you

Comments

• So this is how it is? NO REPLY? No one???

Come on guys, my validity will expire in 2 days. Can someone please tell me what the problem is here? What should I do? Anyone?

• So this is how it is? NO REPLY? No one???

Come on guys, my validity will expire in 2 days. Can someone please tell me what the problem is here? What should I do? Anyone?

I am having the same problem with Bitdefender 2015. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing (using a fresh download from the bitdefender servers). Every time I click on My Bitdefender > Login, I received the same "Error: The connection to the server has failed. The product could not be activated. Check the connection and try again."

Clicking refresh in the top left corner does nothing.

Any help from BD would be much appreciated!

• Have you looked at the full install files so that you can do it offline? They are pinned to the install feature of the forum.

• Hello,

This error appears because Bitdefender runs the connection to MyBitdefender through Internet Explorer and this browser has some security check-ups enabled by default - which will cause issues with other applications that depend on it.

We recommend following the instructions below to overcome the issue.

1. Open Internet Explorer and check if your can access the site https://my.bitdefender.com

2. If you can view the site, from Internet Explorer go to Tools (the small cogwheel) -> Internet Options;

3. Access the Advanced tab -> Click on Restore Advanced Settings;

Now, browse in the list above the Restore Advanced Settings button and make sure the following are UNCHECKED:

Check for publisher's certificate revocation

Check for server certificate revocation

Check for signatures on downloading programs

4. If the error persists and you are connected to Wi-Fi, connect the computer with Bitdefender to a wired network instead. Then try again to connect to MyBitdefender from the product.

We are here for you should you require further assistance.

• This is how I registered my free addition:

1. Open Internet Explorer

2. Click on menu item 'Tools>Internet options'

3. Click on 'Advanced' tab

4. Scroll down to 'Security'

5. Check the box next to 'Use TLS 1.0'

6. Click 'OK'

7. Turn off firewall if you have to

8. Register your Bitdefender

9. Go to 'https://my.bitdefender.com' to have them send you an email link to activate your account

10. Turn on your firewall if it's off

Hope this help.

This discussion has been closed.