Unable To Install

techman
edited December 2014 in Install & register

I've been trying to install Total Security on my Windows 7 (32-bit) machine, but keep getting the errors:

"Setup was unable to install drivers on your system. The installation process cannot continue". That is followed by another error:

"Setup has encountered an error. Please check your Internet connection and try again"

My Internet works just fine. I even have the Windows Firewall turned off. I have uninstalled all other anti-virus related programs. I even downloaded the offline installation kit and tried it, but that hasn't helped. How can I get rid of these errors? Thanks.

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

The most likely answer to this issue is that the previous anti-virus programs that you had installed were not totally removed, which is not uncommon. I would recommend downloading and running the anti-virus

uninstallers from the manufacturers, reboot, and then run CCleaner, both the temp file cleaner and the registry cleaner. It is free. If you still can't install successfully, I would recommend searching threads here.

As I recall, there are links to Bitdefender uninstallers for various other a/v installations.

Hope this helps, and let us know how you make out. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor