Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Quarantine Should Be Default

Options

Moving a suspect file to quarantine should be the default setting rather than deleting the file entirely.

This makes handling false positives easier by restoring from quarantine rather than retrieving from a backup or reinstalling software.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi, Rolo42,

This is why I have my default settings set to, "move files to quarantine" (image below). Setting BD to "move files to quarantine" no longer takes you out of Autopilot mode as it used to before. It would just then become user dependent to make those decisions.

The 1st course of action by BD is to try to disinfect a file, then quarantine if that fails. They did allow for file recovery of disinfected files (as well as quarantined files) since the 2013 version: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=183531

post-4566-1419876096_thumb.jpg

post-4566-1419876355_thumb.jpg

Taken from the 2015 manual (PDFs in my siggy below)

disinfect_zps53274f51.jpg

Hope this helped,

Scott

• columbo
    Options

As the link I provided above shows, deleted files may also be recovered.....I just didn't make the short edit time to include those words in the above post, as per OPs concerns. ^_^

• RoloX2
    Options

What I mean to say is that, out of the box, the default setting (by the programmers) should be to quarantine rather than to erase completely.

Unlike every other AV program I've used, BD doesn't enable me to configure steps, only a singular action with the default being a vague, "Take proper actions"--which does not move files to quarantine but rather erases them completely (whereupon I've had to restore them from backup).

If that isn't the intended behaviour, then there's [another] bug...