Protection Level Report.

I got a Protection Level report that shows "3 vulnerabilities" and "2 fixed" over the last 7 days. It doesn't say anything more, though. How do see what those vulnerabilities were/are?

"2 fixed" indicates "1 not fixed". How do I find out what that is and if it matters?

Comments

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I got a Protection Level report that shows "3 vulnerabilities" and "2 fixed" over the last 7 days. It doesn't say anything more, though. How do see what those vulnerabilities were/are?

"2 fixed" indicates "1 not fixed". How do I find out what that is and if it matters?

Hi...See if this helps. Click on area circled in red.post-99693-1419960016_thumb.png

Events->Select Events->VULNERABILITY

• As ozziebear mentioned, about the only thing you can do is to check out the Event Details, and see what it came up with. It is pretty much just informational, not much else. In my case, hovering my cursor over, "Your Protection Level...", showed improvements I could make to help improve my security (image below).

Here is another thread asking for more information concerning blocked web pages, and the inability to see what was blocked from the report: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46550

post-4566-1419968153_thumb.jpg

• Thanks for the feedback. Definitely thin on information there, but I'm pretty sure the unfixed vulnerability is:

"Automatic Windows update is disabled."

In the Event Details box there is the option to "Enable".

I went into the Windows Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update > and doubled-checked everything. Windows says that I'm set to automatically install updates. A check for updates showed that none are available, not even anything optional. Everything looks fine there.

So I decided not to 'Enable' through Bitdefender "Events". I'll just keep an eye on whether this is a recurring flag or a one-time thing.

I'm still learning my way around what Bitdefender can and cannot do (or will let me choose the options for). I've set up a new machine and have moved over from Avast Internet Security. I'm looking for a middle ground between software that provides minimal information and options - and software that requires more sophisticated knowledge than I have in order to really use properly.

I've put Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium on here also, so hopefully it works out to be a decent combination. I'm not really a tech guy, but know my way around a few things just from years of taking notes and trying to pay attention. I can do a lot more than the average person, but need to be wary of getting into waters too deep, if you know what I mean. I'm probably going to wish that Bitdefender provided more detail info and options, but it seems to be doing the job it is supposed to. I've only been up with it a short time.

• Thanks for the feedback. Definitely thin on information there, but I'm pretty sure the unfixed vulnerability is:

"Automatic Windows update is disabled."

In the Event Details box there is the option to "Enable".

I went into the Windows Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update > and doubled-checked everything. Windows says that I'm set to automatically install updates. A check for updates showed that none are available, not even anything optional. Everything looks fine there.

So I decided not to 'Enable' through Bitdefender "Events". I'll just keep an eye on whether this is a recurring flag or a one-time thing.

I'm still learning my way around what Bitdefender can and cannot do (or will let me choose the options for). I've set up a new machine and have moved over from Avast Internet Security. I'm looking for a middle ground between software that provides minimal information and options - and software that requires more sophisticated knowledge than I have in order to really use properly.

I've put Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium on here also, so hopefully it works out to be a decent combination. I'm not really a tech guy, but know my way around a few things just from years of taking notes and trying to pay attention. I can do a lot more than the average person, but need to be wary of getting into waters too deep, if you know what I mean. I'm probably going to wish that Bitdefender provided more detail info and options, but it seems to be doing the job it is supposed to. I've only been up with it a short time.

Hi...Just a thought. Does it have anything to do with the Profile setting. Depending on what profile is active, it could disable the automatic update setting. From the BD GUI, click on tools and then profiles and you can configure the settings from there. Myself, I just leave the profile setting in Standard mode and uncheck the box 'Let autopilot manage my profiles'.

• I hate to keep on following up on ozziebears excellent replies, as he nailed it again, but just to show you the below additional info: (can also be found in the PDF manuals in my siggy below) So if you wanted to, make sure to uncheck all the profile settings that you wish to have Windows Auto Update enabled as per ozziebears Profile settings path. That way, if you did decide to let BD "Automatically manage your profiles", Windows auto update won't be affected when BD switches profiles.

Hello,

Bitdefender 2015 provides the following profiles:

- Work profile

- Movie profile

- Game profile

According to your activity, besides the Bitdefender settings, the following system settings are applied when a profile is activated:

- Windows Automatic Updates are postponed

- Windows alerts and pop-ups are disabled

- Unnecessary background programs are suspended

- Visual effects are adjusted for best performance

- Maintenance tasks are postponed

- Power plan settings are adjusted

If you decide not to use Profiles, a default profile called Standard is enabled and it brings no optimization to your system.

• Thanks for the responses, especially the details to keep an eye out for.

For now I am letting "Auto-pilot" do what it wants. That was the default setting, so it ought not slip on that I don't think. I'll just watch and see for now if it is going to be an issue. Given that it seems to just 'think' that Windows Update is disabled (when everything is actually fine), then maybe I'll leave it be. Perhaps it was a one-time thing for some reason.

If it seems to be an ongoing thing or problem, then I'll probably switch to the Work Profile and see if that fixes things up.