Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocking Outlook

Options

Bitdefender total security may be causing me a headache.

Has anyone else run into this and, if so, how did they solve it.

It is my opinion that the problem could be a DEP issue.

"(Data Execution Prevention (DEP) helps prevent damage from viruses and other security threats that attack by running (executing) malicious code from memory locations that only Windows and other programs should use.)"

It appears to me that bitdefender is blocking outlook.com because it believes that something in opening the page is trying to access something it should not.

The issue is that connection to the internet is solid. Other websites open fine (gmail, frontier, craigslist,

ebay, bitdefender, etc. etc.). And, outlook.com opens fine if I access it from my iphone (showing that

there is no problem with outlook.com's website). No bitdefender on the iphone.

This leads me to the conclusion that something is blocking access to outlook.com. Infact, I cannot access outlook by any of these methods: clicking on the outlook icon in explorer, using www.outlook.com in the command line in outlook, using www.hotmail.com in the command line in outlook. Blocked. Period.

Now the next factor.... I installed bitdefender on my computer (vista OS on an HP) and on my wife's computer (windows 7 on an Ibm thinkpad) about 6 months ago. The only thing in common on these two machines is bitdefender. Everything worked fine up to 5 days ago. At that time bitdefender did its update and BOTH machines lost access to Outlook. Very suspicious. The logical conclusion is that outlook is being blocked because something (bitdefender) thinks that DEP is a problem.

So, what does the group think? Anyone else have a similar problem? Anyone have a way to solve this issue.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello gilder24,

There have been a number of topics about this over the last few days (like this one). Try turning off SSL scanning for now (GUI>Web Protection>uncheck "Scan SSL").

Ro.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ glider24

Please be advised that a Bitdefender update was released a few days ago, which fixes the issue you report.

Make sure that the Bitdefender product updates daily, and in order to do this open Bitdefender and click Update.

After the process completes, restart the computer and the build version will change to 18.20.0.1429 (latest build). Now the issue should be fixed.

If you have Bitdefender 2014 instead of Bitdefender 2015, upgrade for free to the new product by following this guideline:

http://bitdefender.com/install

Use the same license key to register.

To make sure you have the latest build please right click on the Bitdefender icon from the system tray, choose About and look at the Product Information.

Please post in this topic if you need further assistance: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=56977

Thank you for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.