Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firefox Always Says "securing Your Browsing"

Options

A message box telling me "To ensure full protection, Bit Defender needs to close applications, such as Firefox...etc". The message box closes Firefox when accepted, but if I don't accept it or cancel it, it stays in the background at all times.

Also, I'm not sure if it's related, but I tried to use Chrome instead and no webpages load using it at all. This has been happening for well over a month even after system updates, system scans, restarts etc.

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Lionet
    edited March 2015
    Options
    A message box telling me "To ensure full protection, Bit Defender needs to close applications, such as Firefox...etc". The message box closes Firefox when accepted, but if I don't accept it or cancel it, it stays in the background at all times.

Also, I'm not sure if it's related, but I tried to use Chrome instead and no webpages load using it at all. This has been happening for well over a month even after system updates, system scans, restarts etc.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi BTB,

Welcome on the forum!

- Please give information about your system (in your profile or signature), it could help in the future.

- Maybe you will find your answer in the forum as well, such as the following link:

Wallet

Regards,

;)

L.

• Hi BTB,

Welcome on the forum!

- Please give information about your system (in your profile or signature), it could help in the future.

- Maybe you will find your answer in the forum as well, such as the following link:

Wallet

Regards,

;)

L.

Thanks L,

I did come across that post, but the post said that the wallet extension is causing it and to restart my browser. I haven't had any luck thus far with restarts or system/software updates.

I run Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, and Bitdefender Total Security build 17.31.0.1328