Uninstalling Problem

Hello everyone, ive been having a problem when restoring windows saying i had an antivirus installed so i went ahead and used the bitdefender uninstaller tool and it removed everything. But then i saw a bitdefender folder in Program Files, it had 2 folders named Bitdefender 2015 and Bitdefender Safebox, i tried every possible way to uninstall them but with no luck. I tried by getting ownership from it, tried deleting it while on safe mode, but still no luck. Please help guys, i really need to get this restore quickly. Thanks in advance

post-189662-1427501627_thumb.png

Comments

• Hi, WokeDuran

Did you try running the uninstall tool in safe mode? If not, try that. Otherwise, if you wanted to, you could try installing Bitdefender again, then uninstall it in Safe Mode using the uninstall tool and see if everything uninstalls. (yet, see my 3rd paragraph, if you get it reinstalled)

A little more time and effort, but maybe worth it, is to backdoor uninstall those folders using Ubuntu. If you want to create a ISO disc on a cd, you would need to search and download ~version 10, otherwise, a DVD will hold the newest version. Boot from that disc and find the icon (I forget which one, it's been awhile) for your C:/ Program Files. In the past this has worked great in deleting F-Secure's Quarantine folder.

If in your post you meant that you were trying to do a System Restore (restoring windows) next time with BD installed, boot into Safe Mode, enter MSCONFIG and enable Safe Boot, run your System Restore, this way it goes back into Safe Mode to complete the restore. Then you can uncheck that box and enter Windows normally. I'm not sure if that still works like it used to (to do a system restore w/o uninstalling BD) as I don't keep track here like I used to.

Hope this helped,

Scott