Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Excessive Upload

Options
adrianh
adrianh ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

Your Bitdefender Mobile Security has a serious bug in its functionality, or deliberate data mining functionality. On 2 separate android devices, Bitdefender has been uploading 649MB and 734MB respectively when connected to wifi. The uploads show in both the built-in Android data manager and 3G Watchdog

Why is the app uploading so much data, and what are you doing with it.

I also find it quite ironic that an anti-virus app that is supposed to protect your device has basically single handedly managed to upload more data than any other app I have had installed since 2011. But then again, you are the company that released an update definition that marked all dll's and exe's as viruses and deleted and quarantined them making my PC useless a few years ago, so maybe badly tested code that does not work as expected is what you strive for!

Hire some proper developers and testers!

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Be advised that Bitdefender Mobile Security does not store a local virus signatures database. The app needs to communicate with Bitdefender servers in order to determine the security status of the applications it scans and of the web pages you are visiting. This is the explanation for the upload traffic you notice.

Let us know if you have other questions about the Bitdefender Mobile Security functionality.