Mass Storage Protection

Good da to all Bitdefender developers

Smart people knows not to use public informational services or devices but sometimes it is the only way available. As a rule I would not normally

plug any of my mass storage device into a public information service device. But recently I was forced into submission as I had to send crucial

information to a company and my personal PC was at home. Naturally as murphy's law states: I lost all my data on my mass storage device,

witch I do have a backup to as any smart user will have. So I was able to plug the device into my PC at home, scan the device and repair all

lost data.

Very nice story indeed but the reason for this story is to identify a growing need for a portable protection program executable from a Mass

storage device witch will remove viruses from a computer (or protect your mass storage device) before a third party information service device

is able to infect it.

In lamens terms: Make me a portable Bitdefender.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Do not keep me in the dark, notify me on these developments

Comments

• Lionet
    edited May 2015

Hi EPIC1CARROT,

Welcome on the forum!

You was smart enough to have a backup, you could format the usb/external storage device and make a copy again...

So I was able to plug the device into my PC at home, scan the device and repair all

lost data.

Your data was lost or corrupted? or infected?

Very nice story indeed but the reason for this story is to identify a growing need for a portable protection program executable from a Mass storage device witch will remove viruses from a computer (or protect your mass storage device) before a third party information service device is able to infect it.

You could find free programs to deactivate autorun & autoplay windows to prevent malware programs to create the autorun, or to vaccine the "autorun.inf". there is a french (free) one. I guess there are others. You could as well put your files/your external device on "read-only", but it is not the aim of the operation, isn't it?

You want a portable BD system? I just wondered how a third part (with its antimalware protection) would react when you plug another antimalware protection on its own system... :blink:

Regards,

L.