Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pups Potentially Unwanted Programs

Options

Junkware Removal Tool advised me to set up my AV program to protect my PC from downloading PUPs Potentially Unwanted Programs. I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 on my machines. How do I do that ?

Comments

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Junkware Removal Tool advised me to set up my AV program to protect my PC from downloading PUPs Potentially Unwanted Programs. I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 on my machines. How do I do that ?

To my knowledge BDIS does not block PUPs unless they contain malware or are malware. There are some AV products that do claim to block PUPs from installing. One of those I am aware of while blocking PUPs does a lousy job of blocking malware including viruses. There are a number of non-AV products that do block PUPs. Since they are not AV products they can be run in realtime simultaneiously with BD products. Sorry I won't reommend any while on this forum.

P.S. A lot of computer users will look for one product to provide all their security protection. This is a big mistake. The swiss army knife approach to computer security does not work and is often disasterous. As good as BDIS 2015 and BD W8 Security are at protection (I use them both but obviously not on the same computer) I layer my security defense with seven other anti-malware products running alongside BDIS 2015 and BD W8 Security not counting the security add-ons I use in Firefox which are mostly for privacy protection. Some would say that is nuts but it works for me. Of course it has taken years of using computers and surfing to build up and get to my current anti-malware defenses on my computers. There was a lot of trial and error along the way and I am sure there will be some adds or subtracts in the future from my current list of realtime anti-malware apps

Bottom line is advanced computer users and geeks will tell you that the swiss army knife app approach to computer security is ineffective at keeping a computer safe.