"Repacking archive failed" - what does this mean?

Hello,

I have run BitDefender Antivirus 10 Plus a number of times, and when running the deep scan I repeatedly see three lines. One says something was detected, the next line will say that thing was deleted, then the third line will say "repacking archive failed". I don't know what that means or what to do about it.

Also what does it mean when something is detected, like, say, Netsky, but then I see it couldn't delete or remove it? Does that mean I have to go in and manually delete the affected file? I run into a problem with this because it often refers to a specific message in my "inbox" database but I am unable to access and delete that specific message.

Advice?

Thanks...

Comments

• If BD couldn't removed something that is mostly due the file is in use or inside an archive. Booting into safe mode also helps. Or putting in the installationcd-rom and reboot your computer. I never had the same error message you describe.

If you received an infected mail with attachment to remove it you must first disable realtime protection. Then open your mailclient and remove the message. Empty also the the deleted items folder. Then go to File -> Data File Management -> select the current mail archive -> Settings -> Compact Now. Re-enable again realtime protection in BD under antivirus.