Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security Trial - Install Never Moves, Stays At 0%

Hi. I'm trying to install the 30-day trial of BD Total Security. All 3 progress bars appear at 0% and never move. No error messages display, no BSOD, the Internet still works, and nothing else on the PC hangs or misbehaves -- the install window just appears and remains motionless. :huh:

I've fully uninstalled my old security program per their instructions -- the same as those on a page linked on this site -- and have also searched the registry for content that mentions that program & found none.

I see that folders have been created at C:\Program Files\Bitdefender and C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\PasswordManager but they're empty.

The PC is running Windows 7 64bit with 12GB RAM and ample disk space.

I read a post that requests the sysdump.tar file, and have produced that, but am not sure where to send it (the post that mentions it is from some years ago). How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Comments

• Hello Mark99k,

Firstly run the Bitdefender uninstall tool found here to get rid of anything already on your system, reboot Windows and download the Bitdefender program from here (you can still have the 30 day free trial).

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Ro.

• Hello Mark99k,

Firstly run the Bitdefender uninstall tool found here to get rid of anything already on your system, reboot Windows and download the Bitdefender program from here (you can still have the 30 day free trial).

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Ro.

Thank you Ro, this worked!! And the program is quite impressive, definitely beats the one I got rid of.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Thank you Ro, this worked!! And the program is quite impressive, definitely beats the one I got rid of.

Great! Remember, if you have any further worries or questions please post on these forums. :)

Edit: Forgot to say, welcome to the forums.

Ro.