Windows 10 Firewall/anti-virus Notification

The installation of Bitdefender on Windows 10 wasn't exactly a smooth one. I had to turn off BD Firewall and use Windows firewall in order to get connected to the internet and wait until a message popped up to ask to install the latest version of Bitdefender.

Now that it it installed and updated it seems to be working ok. However, each time I boot up Windows 10 I get a notification popping up saying that there is no firewall or antivirus running. It gives me the option of using Windows Firewall and Windows Defender, or use Bitdefender's security. I then select to turn on the Bitdefender Firewall and Antivirus and ask it to remember my answer. I still get this problem each time I boot up Windows 10. Is there a way to make sure it is permanently switched on? It's a bit disconcerting to see these messages upon startup, making me think that the system isn't protected, even though Bitdefender appears to be running.

The other thing I thought of is that it takes Bitdefender time to startup and these notifications are showing before Bitdefender is fully running it's security? I'm sure I've seen the notifcations pop up after it says Bitdefender is 'awake'.

Comments

• Hello John,

You are fully protected by Bitdefender as soon as you boot, it runs an early boot scan and integrates into ELAM ( Microsofts Early Launch Anti Malware) so although it takes a little time to get the GUI up and any notifications shown it is working for you from the start.

You shouldn't be seeing pop ups as you describe, the only thing I can think of is that there has been some corruption of a file/files so it maybe an idea to uninstall BD using the uninstall tool (found here) and then reinstalling with the on-line installation kit (found here).

If you go that way, let us know how you get on.

Ro.

• Hello John,

You are fully protected by Bitdefender as soon as you boot, it runs an early boot scan and integrates into ELAM ( Microsofts Early Launch Anti Malware) so although it takes a little time to get the GUI up and any notifications shown it is working for you from the start.

You shouldn't be seeing pop ups as you describe, the only thing I can think of is that there has been some corruption of a file/files so it maybe an idea to uninstall BD using the uninstall tool (found here) and then reinstalling with the on-line installation kit (found here).

If you go that way, let us know how you get on.

Ro.

Many thanks Ro for your reply. That's good to know. I'll try what you said and see if it resolves the notifications.

• I'm having the same issue here...I will try this too

• Anyone found a fix for this?

I've been experiencing the same issues.

Usually after startup I get the messages that there is no firewall or anti virus running.

If I just wait a while and go to the action centre there is actually no problem and windows reports both Bitdefender AV and Firewall as active.

I actually have done a uninstall, clean and re-install of Bitdefender IS as I had some issues with it being missing after my upgrade (turned out I just had to wait several hours to get the upgrade popup).

It kinda seems like Windows has a hard time determining the state of the Bitdefender AV and Firewall while the system is still busy loading stuff.