Bitdefender Total Security

I have just received the Microsoft notification that Windows 10 is now ready to be installed on my computer. I am running Windows 7, 64 bits, Home Premium.

Are there any precautions I should take so that my upgrade goes without any glitches? :unsure:

Comments

• Hello mdgboxx and welcome to the forum.

From what i have seen so far is is best to first uninstall your Bitdefender, allow the Windows 10 upgrade and then re-install Bitdefender. You can find all the details and links here -

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1452.html

Ro.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    Hello mdgboxx and welcome to the forum.

From what i have seen so far is is best to first uninstall your Bitdefender, allow the Windows 10 upgrade and then re-install Bitdefender. You can find all the details and links here -

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1452.html

Ro.

Thank you Rohugh, that was very helpful.

Now, here's the kicker.

I have 462 days left on my Bitdefender Total Security 2015, and it would seem that I am now on a 30 days trial period for Bitdefender because I upgraded to Windows 10

What the heck???????

Maybe I have to contact Support?

• Hi again,

If you open the Bitdefender GUI and click on the bottom left where it gives the "30 Days" you will get a window to register your product, (see attached). Use the same license key and you should get your 462 days back.

post-175392-1438762262_thumb.jpg

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    Hi again,

If you open the Bitdefender GUI and click on the bottom left where it gives the "30 Days" you will get a window to register your product, (see attached). Use the same license key and you should get your 462 days back.

Hey, Hey, Hey Rohugh,

What would I do without you? :unsure:

I did exactly as you suggested, and it worked!

Thank you again

• Yay!!! Another good one!!

I am pleased you have it sorted. :) If you have any other problems you can always ask here.

Ro.