Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Validate License Key

Options

I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

I did a format and now I get the message "We were not able to validate the license key you entered. Please try again, or you can contact Customer Support to get help with this issue."

My internet is working fine but bitdefender is not able to validate my key.

In my mybitdefender online account it shows that I have 320 days remaining. But in the bottom left corner on the product interface , it shows only 30 days remaining trial license warning. The Dashboard shows no devices associated with my account.

I have also tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Bitdefender, this also made no difference.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Jay_11,

It may be there is a bug or some other problem as we are getting quite a number of similar posts reporting this problem.

Firstly, open the Bitdefender GUI and click bottom left where it says 30 days and try adding your license key on the resulting screen. If that doesn't work, from the drop-down next to the little figure on the top bar of the GUI choose Help & Support and send the details to Bitdefender.

Ro.

• Lionet
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

I did a format and now I get the message "We were not able to validate the license key you entered. Please try again, or you can contact Customer Support to get help with this issue."

My internet is working fine but bitdefender is not able to validate my key.

In my mybitdefender online account it shows that I have 320 days remaining. But in the bottom left corner on the product interface , it shows only 30 days remaining trial license warning. The Dashboard shows no devices associated with my account.

I have also tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling Bitdefender, this also made no difference.

🙋 jay11

Welcome on the forum!

If you use Windows 10, there are still issues with Mybitdefender.

Pleas give your specs...

The tech support will contact you or send them an email. (you have details on close topics).

Regards,

L.

Edit. ok Rohugh and I answered at the same time. Forget half of my message...

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you use Windows 10, there are still issues with Mybitdefender.

What issues are you seeing with the Win 10 Dashboard, which is now changed and the same as the standard 2015 one. I have no problems with it.

post-175392-1439561494_thumb.jpg

• I am not using win 10.

I am using windows 7 64 bit. I never had this problem before. I did format my pc multiple times but it was able to validate my key.

I tried another key but it is giving same error for all the keys.

• Lionet
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am not using win 10.

I am using windows 7 64 bit. I never had this problem before. I did format my pc multiple times but it was able to validate my key.

I tried another key but it is giving same error for all the keys.

🙋 jay11

This is why I wrote "if..." (W10)

True, it is not the problem of formatting. Unless maybe if you do that every week...

Where (or to whom...) did you buy the license?

EBay? Amazon? Price.minister? The seller could have used the key 🔑 a few times... This is why I ask...

Why do you talk of another key? Ypu should have only one.

Regards,

L.

• Rohugh
    Options

@Jay_11

Another user who was also having problems with validation of his license has just reported it solved. It could be a problem with Bitdefender updating the "My Bitdefender" site causing the hangs so hang on for a while and see if it resolves for you as well.

Ro.

• 🙋 jay11

This is why I wrote "if..." (W10)

True, it is not the problem of formatting. Unless maybe if you do that every week...

Where (or to whom...) did you buy the license?

EBay? Amazon? Price.minister? The seller could have used the key 🔑 a few times... This is why I ask...

Why do you talk of another key? Ypu should have only one.

Regards,

L.

I bought it online from venktron. It is in India.

Can it be used multiple times ? Because it is a single user key.

I have another copy of 2013 version and that key was unused. I tried that one also but same error.

I think I have to wait for 1-2 days it might be a bug or updating website as Rohugh said.

• @Jay_11

Another user who was also having problems with validation of his license has just reported it solved. It could be a problem with Bitdefender updating the "My Bitdefender" site causing the hangs so hang on for a while and see if it resolves for you as well.

Ro.

ok , that is good. I will wait for few days and see what happens.

• I have the same problem, the only thing is that I am running Windows 10 64-bit. Please see attached screenshots. The Bitdefender I bought is sealed, so I don't think that the key has been used before. I already contacted my local seller and I'm waiting for their reply.

post-193759-1441096188_thumb.jpg

post-193759-1441096200_thumb.jpg

post-193759-1441096235_thumb.jpg

• This is an update to my previous post. Was able to successfully activate my Windows 10 64-bit installation of Bitdefender Internet Security 2015. My activation problem may have been caused by a problem in the internet connection of my PC. I had to select Register Now after Bitdefender reported that my key was invalid, and everything's fine now.

post-193759-1441110291_thumb.jpg

post-193759-1441110314_thumb.jpg

post-193759-1441110426_thumb.jpg

• I am a system administrator, maintaining a few computers with Bitdefender Internet Security Licence.. One of my system license got expired a few days back..and at present that particular laptop is in Qatar and when I tried to activate the license using remote admin, Bitdefender says, this License key cannot be validated for that region. Request a suggestion to get the license activated as it is a Laptop from Indian Origin and the person is temporarily at Qatar. I tried logging into Bitdefender account also to change the expired serial (as it is a 3 pc 1 yr serial), but that also not able to do, as it is asking to RENEW only and taking to options site only and not able to change the serial through that also..

• I am having the exact problem as everyone else here. Mine just started today 1/18/16.

I have a 2 year, 3 PC's license that I purchased 4 months ago.

I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit, 16GB RAM, i3 processor, Gigabyte H97M motherboard, Nividia 128bit 2GB video card.

I was running Bitdefender on a computer, which I am no longer using. I upgraded to a new computer about 3 weeks ago. I'm only actively using 2 of the 3 license, but even if I was using all 3 licenses, this problem should NOT be happening.

Even when I try to contact support, it says that I have an invalid license.

The only thing I know is it worked for 4 months, now it says invalid. Funny how this happens right after the first of the year!!!!

Now I'm getting a message telling me to upgrade!!! REALLY????

I'm starting to feel like I've been ripped off by another company that just wants to drain money out if it's consumers! What gives here?!!!

• Previously my computer ran Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. After I formatted my computer, I reinstalled with Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Will this affect my Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 license? I am not able to reactivate the license.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

No, it will not affect your license.

I would advise contacting our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com and providing them with a screenshot of the error you are receiving during registration and the key.