Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Free Is Dead, Whats Next..?

Options

HI,

as team member support of bitdefender free said, there is no update for BD free for W10. Which another free antivirus would you recomended?

I vote for Panda free...but thinking about 360 essential..not sure if I can trust them, chinese company etc. Avast is too bloatware...to advertising...

Comments

• dch48
    edited August 2015
    Options
    HI,

as team member support of bitdefender free said, there is no update for BD free for W10. Which another free antivirus would you recomended?

I vote for Panda free...but thinking about 360 essential..not sure if I can trust them, chinese company etc. Avast is too bloatware...to advertising...

I also went for Panda Free. It's light, fast, and has more options then BD Free did but not so many that they get annoying. Just be sure to uncheck the three optional things during installation. Avast is a good product but just has too many additional things in it now for my taste. You can choose not to install them but they still take up space afterwards.

• I also went for Panda Free. It's light, fast, and has more options then BD Free (...)

Me too, in my personal PC.

I think that Bitdefender is loosing a possibility to develop his business.

For example, the PC used by my wife, for her job, will have no more the paid version of BD antivirus (as now) when the license will expire.

For sure I will install a different paid AV (Panda?)

• roxtedy
    edited August 2015
    Options

Panda free, its very good free solution...Its got good results from AVtest and AVcomparatives and its quite fast develop. Already support the Windows 10. Its doesnt have too many advertising, no questions just actions..If it has found anything just put it into quarantine and pop up small info.

If I had to pay I would buy Kaspersky.

I found out that Chrome webbroser has very strong antimalware and antiphising protection. Just make sure that its allowed in the extended setting. I was wondering why google bought the virustotal.com and now I see... the chrome protection is based on the results of virustotal. Its almost impossible to download a virus or malware even to visit the phishing website.

I was even trying defender, the detection was not as good but together with windows smartscreen and chrome protection It was impossible to catch a virus..You can try your antivirus detection here...its actual viruses, malware and phishing website list....

• N@ir
    Options

Hello.

I was communicating with the people of bitdefender on twitter and tell me that yes there will be a new version of the free antivirus. It is a matter of waiting.

Best regards.

• roxtedy
    edited August 2015
    Options

How about replies from technical support??Technical support answers

and another here

answer 2

They said the Bitdefender free wil NOT become compatabile with Windows 10... Where is the true?? somewhere on your twitter or on official forum...?

• Rampant
    Options

Kaspersky Lab, has released a free version of the antivirus - Kaspersky 365 1/4

• dch48
    edited September 2015
    Options
    How about replies from technical support??Technical support answers

and another here

answer 2

They said the Bitdefender free wil NOT become compatabile with Windows 10... Where is the true?? somewhere on your twitter or on official forum...?

I think we can believe both. Georgia said here that the existing product will not be made compatible and the person on Twitter, also a Panda rep, said that a new version would be developed. I don't see a contradiction there.
  • Bad news.

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

Click download.

Best regards.

• Bad news.

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

Click download.

Best regards.

Just a further confirmation of what we've been saying.

• Rohugh
    Options

It only shows ""Not yet Windows 10 Compatible" if you try to download on that OS, on previous Windows it has not got that disclaimer.

Hopefully/maybe/with a bit of luck and a following wind it will eventually be compatible. :)

• Actually is a good news...Yet usually means at the moment...Hopefully is new version coming..Curious if Kaspersky 365 be first or Bitdefender...