Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Allow Spam Into Your Email Client!

Options
Andy5
edited June 2008 in Spam and phishing talk

I have been using BD for 12 months and I am pretty happy with it. But like all suites they are all have their good points and bad ones, I have never come across one which is perfect in every aspect.

This is the same with BD.

crysty2k5's EDIT: No advertise. Last warning

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Andy5,

You need to teach BitDefender spamfilter. If too many spam slips trough please do this open your e-mail client. Normally you will see the BitDefender Antispam Toolbar, press on settings, wipe antispam database. Now run the wizard again and mark spam mails. Add some friends. After a while BitDefender filters will mark mails as spam. Right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system tray press on open advanced settings. Navigate to the antispam section see if the slider is set on moderate and aggressive.

Best regards

Niels

• Andy5
    Options
    Hello Andy5,

You need to teach BitDefender spamfilter. If too many spam slips trough please do this open your e-mail client. Normally you will see the BitDefender Antispam Toolbar, press on settings, wipe antispam database. Now run the wizard again and mark spam mails. Add some friends. After a while BitDefender filters will mark mails as spam. Right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system tray press on open advanced settings. Navigate to the antispam section see if the slider is set on moderate and aggressive.

Best regards

Niels

Hello Neils

Thanks for your response and my apologies for advertising another product.

Where in BitDefender's Spam filter settings can I add regular expressions to filter words like v1agra or v.iagra. I can't seem to locate this functionality

Regards

Andy

• Niels
    Niels
    edited June 2008
    Options

Hello Andy5,

The NeuNet Filter automatically searches for spam words and does it conjunction with the Bayesian Filter that you train.You can change the NeuNet filter. That filter is frequently updated trough BitDefender updates.Also there is the URL filter and Charset filter to mark mails as spam that are written in Cyrillic or Asian characters.

Best regards

Niels

• Andy5
    Options
    Hello Andy5,

The NeuNet Filter automatically searches for spam words and does it conjunction with the Bayesian Filter that you train.You can change the NeuNet filter. That filter is frequently updated trough BitDefender updates.Also there is the URL filter and Charset filter to mark mails as spam that are written in Cyrillic or Asian characters.

Best regards

Niels

Hello Niels

Regards to your previous post referring to spam mails slipping through does this mean BitDefender will stop spam at the ISP server level and they won't be downloaded into my email client. It was not my experience when first installed BitDefender and that is why I installed the pop filtering program that I am not allowed to name in this forum.

Cheers

Andy

• Niels
    Options

Hello Andy5,

No, the spam or phising mails will be still being downloaded but immediately being tagged as spam or phising and will be moved. You can use a program called eremover or eprompter if you want to delete mails from your isp mail server before they reach your inbox. Most filters included in security suites still download the spam mails.

Best regards

Niels

• Andy5
    Options
    Hello Andy5,

No, the spam or phising mails will be still being downloaded but immediately being tagged as spam or phising and will be moved. You can use a program called eremover or eprompter if you want to delete mails from your isp mail server before they reach your inbox. Most filters included in security suites still download the spam mails.

Best regards

Niels

Thanks Niels I have a look at the programs you mentioned

Cheers

Andy

• I recently installed BD and love it compared to other suites I've used. One problem that is has had me guessing is my inability to add Spammers. The button in my Outlook toolbar clicks but adds nothing to the Spammers list. Due to this, I get additional messages from addressed I have sent to the Spam folder or asked BD to add to Spammers list.

Any insight here would be of great assistance.

Thanks,

G