Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My First "virus"/vba Macro Issue

Options

Hi,

This topic overlaps somewhat with the HowTos, but since I'm not really certain that there is a solution to my problem, I might just as well post it here.

I'm currently working on a VBA macro, which, among other things, is supposed to create a VBA UserForm and write event code. However, whenever I'm executing the code (sometimes even before), BitDefender detects the file as a virus and practically destroys (quarantines) it. I think I know what lines of code exactly trigger BD's reaction (it even happens when I "comment them out"), and I understand that VBA code that overwrites other code and then executes the new code is a big potential security problem.

However, I'm wondering if there's any way to "fine tune" BD AntiVirus (say, allowing the above code to run if I'm the author of the "virus"). So far, I have only found options such as switching off the scanning for accessed files, which doesn't really solve the problem (it may still be detected and quarantined when I'm not working on it), or switching off BD altogether, which, of course, is no option either. And of course changing detection patterns on BD's end for this kind of issue is probably asking a bit much:).

Otherwise, I'm very happy with BD.

Any help would be appreciated. Best regards,

Evita Wagner

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited June 2008
    Options

Pack the file(s) in a zip or rar archive, protect it with the password infected and upload it here in a new post. ;)

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Evita Wagner,

You can also use the Exceptions tab in BD to add an exception rule for your ******. That way, BD will not scan them, and will allow you to run them without stopping the protection. :)

Cris.