Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antittheft Functionality

Options

Installed Bdts2016 yesterday. Download and installation seemed to come off well.

Antitheft module does have a glitch. It locates my device 4-5 miles away from my

desktop which is where it sets as I write this. I run a W7-64bit OS, my Browser is

FF 40.0.3, and my ISP is att.net. Does anyone have a problem with Antitheft with

module in Bdts2015 or Bdts2016, and does BD have a software patch?

Comments

• jitzy
    Options
    Installed Bdts2016 yesterday. Download and installation seemed to come off well.

Antitheft module does have a glitch. It locates my device 4-5 miles away from my

desktop which is where it sets as I write this. I run a W7-64bit OS, my Browser is

FF 40.0.3, and my ISP is att.net. Does anyone have a problem with Antitheft with

module in Bdts2015 or Bdts2016, and does BD have a software patch?

Its been the same with BDTS 2014 and 2015.....My Desktop (Ethernet) and Laptop (Wifi) both are shown 4 or 5 miles away from actual position......I had a debate with BD support about this an year ago and they said if you are on a public wifi and if there are enough wifi hotspots then the location can be more accurate but if you are on a home router wifi network then the location will be a little far away from where it actually should be....For wired connections it can depend on the ISP......

What's funny is that both my wired and wireless connections are located at same place which is about 4 miles west to the actual location lol

• The locators are mainly the cheaper options like network cell links. Get enough and your phone can be triangulated. Some (most) networks use a cache location information which can be upto 4 days old. If the location software manufacturers want to pay a few bucks, they can tap into the GPS locators which are more accurate and reliable, which they won't as it costs them.

Pity there isn't a service whereby I could track my sons mobile when he is late, or goes walkabout, would be worth paying a reasonable amount for that level of accuracy.

• 4-5 miles off. Same outcome.

• Hello all,

Bitdefender Anti-theft locate accuracy is entirely dependent on Wi-Fi connection.

Therefore, prior to using the feature, make sure that the device you are planning to locate is connected to Wi-Fi and not to Ethernet.

Then, please go to Central, and hit the Refresh button on the Anti-theft map, then hit Locate again.

If the location is still wrong, please go to Google Maps , and press Location. You have all the details here.

Let us know if Google Maps can properly locate the device and if the device is connected through Wi-Fi.

• tomfete
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi

I am experiencing same problem - locater is not even close-- I did not find refresh button on anti theft locate map as you suggested? both my wireless and wired devices do the same thing. Any more clues I can try?

thx

Bitdefender Anti-theft locate accuracy is entirely dependent on Wi-Fi connection.

Therefore, prior to using the feature, make sure that the device you are planning to locate is connected to Wi-Fi and not to Ethernet.

Then, please go to Central, and hit the Refresh button on the Anti-theft map, then hit Locate again.

If the location is still wrong, please go to Google Maps , and press Location. You have all the details here.

Let us know if Google Maps can properly locate the device and if the device is connected through Wi-Fi.

This discussion has been closed.