Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

System Thread Exception Error Code

Options

I purchased Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 yesterday and have tried to install it on my new laptop several times since yesterday. My laptop is only a couple of months old and I haven't used it a great deal. I upgraded it to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 I believe it was.

My issue is I keep getting the error code SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (bdfwfpf.sys) and a blue screen. I managed to snap a photo on my phone of this last error code.

I did google what I could remember of the error code last night (I didn't manage to catch the last part) and thought it could be a graphic card issue so updated the intel graphic card driver a couple of hours ago before attempting to install Bitdefender again.

It downloads, unpacks, and does a scan and download but seems to come across the error as it gets close to finishing the install. It does seem to install a couple of Bitdefender bits like the Safepay I think (I am on my old laptop at present).

I was using Avast free antivirus but uninstalled it yesterday. I also run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware and ZoneAlarm as a firewall. Could these be interfering in the installation?

Any assistance would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Update:

After several attempts at installing Bitdefender it seems to have partially installed. A red Bitdefender icon shows up on my toolbar (I use Windows 10) but the desktop icon looks like a blank page.

I can open up Bitdefender but it seems difficult to get any action from it. For example on opening Bitdefender it says it is up to date, on autopilot and on the bottom tells me how many days I have left. After a few minutes I have been getting a notification that my antivirus needs to be updated and it is only after clicking this that a box pops up asking permission to run Bitdefender. If I try to update it via the 'update' module nothing happens. If I click on 'Vulnerability scan' I get the following error message:

"C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\ui\ltr\vswizard.ui is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f."

The program will then open though and runs. At the bottom of the scan box it has a red 'x' and says "Vulnerability scan was unable to connect to the Bitdefender server. Please retry later. If the problem persists, please contact our customer service."

I am not sure what is going on. Should I uninstall it again and try to reinstall it?