Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Autopilot And Updates

Options

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before but the search function for this forum is absolute trash and only gives results for today. If you try to get older posts, you get all of them and not just what you had searched for. My question is this: Does Autopilot have to be turned on in order to get automatic updates for the signatures and product? Some of the reviewing websites seem to suggest that it does.

Comments

• I apologize if this has been asked and answered before but the search function for this forum is absolute trash and only gives results for today. If you try to get older posts, you get all of them and not just what you had searched for. My question is this: Does Autopilot have to be turned on in order to get automatic updates for the signatures and product? Some of the reviewing websites seem to suggest that it does.

I waited for a while with Autopilot off and lo and behold, it did receive an update. So, the answer is no, autopilot does not need to be turned on.

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I waited for a while with Autopilot off and lo and behold, it did receive an update. So, the answer is no, autopilot does not need to be turned on.

The idea of "Autopilot" is to " Install & Forget "......If u want Bitdefender to do everything for you without bugging you everytime it does something you can set autopilot on.....But for those paranoid people like me and probably you this feature just dont cut it

I even keep "Paranoid Mode" checked at times....

• The idea of "Autopilot" is to " Install & Forget "......If u want Bitdefender to do everything for you without bugging you everytime it does something you can set autopilot on.....But for those paranoid people like me and probably you this feature just dont cut it

I even keep "Paranoid Mode" checked at times....

Actually, I am not paranoid at all. I'm not even concerned with the data collection of Windows 10 and allow the things I think are most likely to aid MS in improving the product. I am currently running BD AV+ in Autopilot. I like not getting alerts. One thing a little starnge though. I did a defrag with Puran Defrag and BD went in to Game mode. That looked strange. Another thing is that the Movie mode did not recognize Windows Media Player but did pick up on WMP-HC. I had to add Media player manually to the players list. The game mode did recognize World of Warcraft but Half-Life 2 and Metro 2033 had to be manually added.

Paranoid mode is something I would never even consider using. I'm done forever with stuff like HIPS and other things that always alert for perfectly safe things. It really got annoying.