Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What Is Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface?

Options

I installed BDTS2016 on two of my computers today (both Windows 10 Pro x64) and I noticed that on both machines, in the Firewall module, under adapters, there is a strange new adapter showing up that I've never seen before. It is called Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and it shows up for about 30 seconds at a time, then disappears. Can anyone tell me what this adapter is and what the correct settings for it would be? It defaulted to Network Type: Public / Stealth Mode: Off / Generic: Off

My second question is, for my regular Ethernet Adapter, BDTS2015 used to give me the ability to set it's Stealth Mode to Remote. Now in the new TS2016, remote is not an option, there is only On or Off. Obviously, I want my computers on my network to be able to communicate with each other, but not be seen on the internet. Is this a bug?

post-111911-1443032132_thumb.jpg

Comments

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I installed BDTS2016 on two of my computers today (both Windows 10 Pro x64) and I noticed that on both machines, in the Firewall module, under adapters, there is a strange new adapter showing up that I've never seen before. It is called Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and it shows up for about 30 seconds at a time, then disappears. Can anyone tell me what this adapter is and what the correct settings for it would be? It defaulted to Network Type: Public / Stealth Mode: Off / Generic: Off

My second question is, for my regular Ethernet Adapter, BDTS2015 used to give me the ability to set it's Stealth Mode to Remote. Now in the new TS2016, remote is not an option, there is only On or Off. Obviously, I want my computers on my network to be able to communicate with each other, but not be seen on the internet. Is this a bug?

Probably because you have IPV6 installed.....Its a method of tunneling IPV6 traffic over a IPV4 network

If u ask me I wouldn't worry about it

Source ---> Wikipedia ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teredo_tunneling

As for your second enquiry.....you are right ...There's only option for Stealth mode on/off ....Possible reason could be some people had problems with Metro apps and Limited Connectivity when Stealth mode is set to remote in windows 10 systems on Bitdefender 2015 version 19

• Kramage
    Options
    Probably because you have IPV6 installed.....Its a method of tunneling IPV6 traffic over a IPV4 network

If u ask me I wouldn't worry about it

Source ---> Wikipedia ---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teredo_tunneling

As for your second enquiry.....you are right ...There's only option for Stealth mode on/off ....Possible reason could be some people had problems with Metro apps and Limited Connectivity when Stealth mode is set to remote in windows 10 systems on Bitdefender 2015 version 19

Ok, that makes sense about that adapter showing up. The lack of a Remote setting for Stealth is very disappointing though. It didn't give me any problems in the past. Hopefully it will return in a future patch.