Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Slow Web Page Load Speed

Options

When Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 is installed, web pages are slower to load than when bitdefender is not installed.

Without it installed, a test page speed test takes 5ms. When it is installed, pages don't even start to load until after 1.5 seconds.

Local pages and web applications that used to be instantaneous, now 'wait' for a short period before even starting to render.

Is anyone else having the same issue issue?

Has anyone else tried to measure something like this?

Can anyone see anything wrong with the way I am testing this:

I am loading a very small test page from a server on the local network using the IP instead of the name, eg. 192.168.0.123/testpage.html

I'm using chrome dev tools to look at the time-to-first-byte (TTFB) for the page as seen by the browser.

With no AV installed on this system, the TTFB of the test page is 5ms (0.005 seconds).

When bitdefender is installed, the TTFB for the same page is 1.5 seconds.

Using wireshark, I can see the network traffic for the request and return data all happen within the ~5ms period.

The way I am interpreting this is that the bitdefender engine is taking 1.5 seconds to process the page before passing it back to the browser.

Can anyone see anything wrong with the way I am going about this, and suggest any other ways to measure the performance?

Machine in question is Win10 i7-5500. On another machine, Win8 i7 with another AV installed, same test page loads in <10ms.

Comments

• jitzy
    Options

Bitdefender keeps their Web Signatures in the cloud unlike other security suites that download the signatures to your system...So the webpages might load a little slowly....I didnt notice any difference that concern me