Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

need info on removing malware (i dont know the name of it)

Options

hello, i am a soldier in the army and in iraq right now. we just got the internet and already people are getting infected computers, supposedly because the internet is not secure over here. i bought BD back in the states and it's worked flawlessly since i came over. so this is what is happening: i have some sort of malware in my computer and it takes the names of shared files and copies it to a folder. the size in all of these copied folders is 41.7kb and everytime i click on a folder like that it closes BD and the computer restarts. it has also has changed my IP address. BD will pop up somtimes and say this program is attemting to modify a registry. when i click on no it restarts. it also expires my BD everytime i start the computer, so i have to put the code in everytime. if ANYONE knows what program causes this or virus please let me know and if possible how to remove it, thank you all in advance!

kellen

Comments

• khufu
    Options

that is a trojan, i don`t remember the name but BD should remove it. Try to scan your computer online: http://www.bitdefender.com/can8/ie.html. I have been infected with something similar and BD removed is from my pc.

For the record: my BD client has not been close by this trojan, and my pc didn`t restart. Also i could delete those folder.

• Please send me a PM, with that file attached, and we'll check it ASAP.

• Niels
    Options

Normally the cd-rom of BitDefender is bootable. Boot with the installation cd-rom. Now linuxdefender will start and you can then perform a scan.

• alexcrist
    Options
    Normally the cd-rom of BitDefender is bootable. Boot with the installation cd-rom. Now linuxdefender will start and you can then perform a scan.

About the LinuxDefender... Niels, could you tell me how do i install the NTFS driver? I tried to look for them in the windows folder, I found them, but when I tried to load them, I got an error which stated that the files are corrupted (or something like that. I can't remember exactly, cos I tried it about 1 month ago, but I can try again and tell you the exact error).

Any hints about this?

• kellen
    Options

hey right when i posted the comment, BD started poping up saying "generic.brontok" is in file whatever but BD has blocked the virus. i look up the file and immediately when i open it i see about 7 folders named brontok. so obviously i have the brontok virus. so that explains everything. my roomate is kind of a computer guy so he knows how to remove it, thanks for the info it's helped a lot so far.

• Niels
    Options

Hi Cris

You must just put in the installation cd-rom and reboot. When you are in the linux environment then you have to press on the ntfs driver to be installed.

Regards

Niels

• alexcrist
    Options
    You must just put in the installation cd-rom and reboot. When you are in the linux environment then you have to press on the ntfs driver to be installed.

That's what I did. But, as I recall, it asked me for two files. I'm quite new to Linux (in fact I never used it, I just tried LinuxDefender a couple of times :P ), so I don't know very well how to use it.

I'll try tomorrow again and I'll tell you exactly what it does, and what the errors are.

Thanks for your help, Niels.