Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

DUAL BOOT

Options

my apology if this is off topic. A while back I used a utility, I don't remember name to create a dual boot so I could boot WP pro SP2 or WP pro SP1 (don't ask :unsure: ). is there any way or how can I remove SP1? so I don't have to pick sp2 every time I boot. THANKS ray

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options
    my apology if this is off topic. A while back I used a utility, I don't remember name to create a dual boot so I could boot WP pro SP2 or WP pro SP1 (don't ask :unsure: ). is there any way or how can I remove SP1? so I don't have to pick sp2 every time I boot. THANKS ray

Yes, there is.

Do you still have that OS installed?

If you do, you have to uninstall or delete it. Otherwise (if you do what I wrote next without deleting the OS you don't use), it will remain there doing nothing.

If you don't (but still the boot menu appears when you turn on your computer), try this:

right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery (Settings)

There is a section called System startup. Click the Edit button.

The file boot.ini will open in Notepad.

Warning: to continue, you must be absolutely sure which OS you want to remove. If you remove the OS that you're using, your computer won't start anymore (all you'll be able to do is install Windows again)

In boot.ini there is a section called [operating systems]. In that section, all operating systems appear each on a new line (disable Format -> Word Wrap in Notepad, so you won't get confused)

The operating systems appear something like this (this is just an example):

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /usepmtimer

Now comes the hard part: when you start your computer, on what position is the OS you use? Is it the first in the list, or is it the second?

If the OS you use is the first in the Boot Menu list, then you have to delete the second line in boot.ini (in the [operating systems] section)

If the OS you use is the second in the Boot Menu list, then you have to delete the first line in boot.ini (in the [operating systems] section)

Save the file and close it. Then click OK to all windows you opened since "right click on My Computer"

If you have any doubts about doing something, don't do it!!! There will be no return, and your operating system will be lost! If you have any questions, just ask. :)

• thanks alot Cris great instructions. worked fine. :D ,ray

thats 2 for 2 in getting good , on the mark advice here. you guys are good.

• alexcrist
    Options

Glad to be of help. :)