Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Member/purchaser With False Positive To Report

Options

hi guys,

i have been a member of this forum for a while. i use kaspersky on my own machine, but have purchased and installed BD with AV and AS on my sister's machine. i am a purchaser and a member. i am also a fan. check the search, you'll see.

being one of the best scanners around, i regularly use BD's online scan, along with many other scanners.

to make a long story short, BD detects a trojan on this file on my computer.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\keriopf215\kerio-pf-2.1.5-en-win.exe

i have processed through malwareremoval.com, and used virustotal's and jotti's file scanners, and only bitdefender finds malware in this file.

all programmes give a false positive now and then, they're not perfect.

how can i submit the file to bitdefender? i want to help. they've helped me.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Is it Kerio Personal Firewall ?!

Put the download link here !

The guys from the LAB will take a look ;)

• alexcrist
    Options

False positive confirmed by lab. Detection will be removed in one of the next updates.

Thank you for reporting it.

Cris.

• False positive confirmed by lab. Detection will be removed in one of the next updates.

Thank you for reporting it.

Cris.

crusty,

yes it's kerio personal firewall.

cris,

then i assume you don't need me to submit the file (i will if you ask, i just don't know how). it's funny, on my sister's computer i also have installed the same firewall and it doesn't detect the false positive. thanks for getting right on it.

• alexcrist
    Options

The alert might be on the installer itself, and not on a file that actually is installed and belongs to the firewall. That's why it might not detect anything if the firewall s already installed.

No, you don't have to submit the file. I found it on the internet, BD detected it, and I sent it to analysis. Also, the detection has already been removed (I just updated my BitDefender and the installer was not flagged anymore). :)

Cris.