App Lock

brihy1
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

Before the last update i could go into app lock and lock bitdefender mobile itself,was this option removed?In app lock bitdefender mobile is not listed?

version:3.2.54.252

Comments

• The option to lock Bitdefender Mobile Security was indeed removed from App Lock, because it's not needed anymore. Basically, the app continually protects itself, requiring the same Application PIN whenever important changes or uninstall attempts are made.

• Thanks for the info

• How can I lock specific apps?
  • Is there an answer regarding how to fix Bitdefender app lock for a phone? Until yesterday app lock worked well. Today all the apps are unlocked even though the ones I had locked still have the check mark. I tried unlocking them, restarting my phone and locking them again. Didn't work. My phone is a Pixel 4a, there have been no update since yesterday. I can't think of any reason why app lock stopped working.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2022

Hello @Dioni,

Try to uninstall the Bitdefender app, reinstall it and then apply the steps below:

1. Go to Settings and scroll down to Installed Apps;

2. Tap on Bitdefender Security;

3. Tap on Permissions;

4. Make sure that the Display pop-up window permission is enabled; if not, please tap on it and set it to Accept.

Also, please check that Bitdefender Mobile Security is excluded from the Battery Optimization settings:

1. Go to Settings and tap on Battery & Performance;

2. Under Battery Saving, tap on Choose Applications;

3. Tap on Bitdefender Security and choose No Restrictions.

Let us know how it goes.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• MizzMuffet
    edited January 2023

I am ACTIVELY battling my neighbor who has installed Spyware on my laptop and cell phone. I factory reset my phone and installed Bitdefender today. I activated and set allowances for all settings. App lock is prompting me to set a pin but does not proceed when I tap "Set Pin." I have tried it with the "Use Biometrics" toggle on and off. I am using a Google Pixel 7

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@MizzMuffet

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Mobile Support by e-mail:

bms@bitdefender.com

Regards.