Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdts 2016 Firewall Not Working.

Options

Since installing BDTS 2016, after having had family pack last year, I have found that my firewall is disabled and i cannot get it to work.

Clicking it or fixing it through the dashboard works for less than one second before it turns itself off again. I have reinstalled the package several times and tried the repair option at least 20 or 30 times all to no avail. I posted a service ticket but also to no avail so far. I think I have maybe one more reinstall in me before i ditch this and go looking for something else. I am running Windows 7.

Comments

• Nesivos
    Options
    Since installing BDTS 2016, after having had family pack last year, I have found that my firewall is disabled and i cannot get it to work.

Clicking it or fixing it through the dashboard works for less than one second before it turns itself off again. I have reinstalled the package several times and tried the repair option at least 20 or 30 times all to no avail. I posted a service ticket but also to no avail so far. I think I have maybe one more reinstall in me before i ditch this and go looking for something else. I am running Windows 7.

If you are using Windows 7 on a computer most likely you have been using Windows 7 on that computer for a number of years, though not necessarily.

Also, most likely you have never done a complete re-install of Windows 7 since purchasing that computer.

If both of the above are true most likely you have an extremely lot of files on your system drive and Windows Registry entries that are no longer valid This can and often does lead to conflicts among software apps causing the user a lot of headaches with respect to their computer.

If the above is relevant to your situation I would not suggest trying to fix/remove the left over stuff yourself. This is what I would suggest

1. Run the Bitdefender Support Tool How To Generate A Standalone Support Tool Log

2. Download and run Microsoft's AutoRuns

2a. Run AutoRuns. After it runs (it does not install) click on File and then Save. Save it to the location of your choice.

3. Sent an email along with attached Support Tool Log and the AutoRuns file to "bitsy@bitdefender.com"

4. Explain your problem to them in the email. They shoud open a Support Ticket for you and get back to you. It might take a bit before they get back as they will have to go through the files you sent them.

In the meantime check and see if the Windows Firewall is working. If it is you should have Firewall protection though the Windows 7 firewall is not as good as the Windows 10 firewall

Windows 7 Firewall, Is it good enough?