Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.generic.368316

Options

I scanned my computer today and BitDefender AV found this

trojan.Generic.368316

AV cannot take any actions on it.

the infected file is:

c\System Volume Information\_restore{22320C2D-952C-458D-9881-EE6798981083}\RP626\A0148135.exe=>(Embedded EXE 2o)

I can't find anything on the internet for it

Any ideas?, It will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• I scanned my computer today and BitDefender AV found this

trojan.Generic.368316

AV cannot take any actions on it.

the infected file is:

c\System Volume Information\_restore{22320C2D-952C-458D-9881-EE6798981083}\RP626\A0148135.exe=>(Embedded EXE 2o)

I can't find anything on the internet for it

Any ideas?, It will be greatly appreciated

I started geting this error right after installing the new World of Warcraft patch. All paths point to blizzard so I am sure that for some reason, whatever Blizzard did made Bitdefender think the new patch is a virus. I am however keeping a very close eye on this just to be safe as bit defender is unable to clean it.

• Thank you crysty2k5.

I read the forum and tried the first method, and it got rid of it.

Thank you again

• I have the same problem. Tried method one from that instruction, but it didn't work. I tried the second one, and I'm confused:

I went to folder options, but instead of "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)", which I couldn't find in the 'view' tab, I checked "Show hidden folders" and unchecked "Hide protected OS files (recommended)". Now I was able to see the System Volume information folder.

But upon right clicking it, and going to the Properties, I saw no Security tab, and couldn't find a list of users anywhere. All I saw was a General, Sharing and Customize tabs. I'm fairly certain that I have Administrator turned on in this user.

Help!

• This detection is a false positive which should have already been removed. Please contact us if the detection still persists after updating the signatures for BD.

Best regards