Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Need To Restart Computer For Update To Take Effect

Options

I am running Bitdefender AV2015 on a Windows 8.1 computer. For the past 10 days I am getting a pop up after about two hours saying that I need to restart my computer for the update to take effect. I'm not sure why this is happening and when I check it from the icon panel it says that everything is fine and my computer is protected. What's going on here?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

A restart is required after an engine or version update, it does not normally require a restart for the normal definitions update. You don't say whether you have actually performed a restart - have you?

Ro.

• Hiya,

A restart is required after an engine or version update, it does not normally require a restart for the normal definitions update. You don't say whether you have actually performed a restart - have you?

Ro.

I have done it on two occasions during this time but the notice still appears. However, this does not happen every day, it seems to be random. Even if it is a version update, it should automatically be done the next morning when the computer is restarted. As noted, this is only a recent event and why would Bitdefender be doing so many version updates?

Alan

• It may be a shot in the dark here,but under events,updates,click on the notification for update requires a restart and click on the restart button there.Do not use the windows restart button,but use the one in the bitdefender gui.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It may be a shot in the dark here,but under events,updates,click on the notification for update requires a restart and click on the restart button there.Do not use the windows restart button,but use the one in the bitdefender gui.

Yes, and if Windows Fast Start is enabled I am not sure if that counts as a restart when just starting or rebooting the computer.

• It may be a shot in the dark here,but under events,updates,click on the notification for update requires a restart and click on the restart button there.Do not use the windows restart button,but use the one in the bitdefender gui.

I've done that on two occasions and it's impossible to judge whether it worked or not. As I noted this pop up seems to be sporadic in nature. I just saw it again when I came back down to do some work after lunch. The EVENTS panel always says that updates that are done daily are all successful.

• Sorin G.
    Options

@Alan G ... if you delete that event, does it reappear afterwards? Might just be a glitched event as you mentioned the updates are done successfully.

Also please ensure you are not running other security solutions, as they might interfere with the proper functionality of Bitdefender.

@everybody thank you for assisting the community