Windows 10 Update And "block Internet Connection Sharing" Kills Internet

After cold reboot for "Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3133431)" the Bitdefender Firewall blocks all internet access if "Block Internet Connection Sharing" is enabled. Turning off this setting brings back internet access.

This is the only update taken today. (01/06/2016)

Yes, the machine has been rebooted, and cold rebooted a few times before this Windows Update (internet access was OK) and post update as well (no internet).

When the error is happening Windows 10 Network Troubleshooter reports that "One or more network protocols are missing." It cannot fix the problem.

I do not know when Bitdefender was updated. It is set to automatically update, which it does. It is reporting that the latest is installed back at least a few weeks.

Currently running Bitdefender Internet Security 2015, Build 19.5.0.284.

Network for this machine is hardwired (not Wi-Fi). None of the machines on the home network use Internet Connection sharing for Internet access, and so far none of the other machines running Bitdefender has shown this issue. Those other machines, however, do use wi-fi for access.

No way for me to know is this is a Bitdefender issue or Windows 10 Update issue.

Comments

• If you’re being bothered by the “one or more network protocols are missing” error message, I recommend you check your internet connection. A lot of times, you’ll find the cause of the problem to be that your wires are disconnected. Tighten the connections, and the website should run normally. but the problem persists then you may try to reboot the wifi router and flush the dns (refresh the dns)...these are some basic solution that you can apply in the very beginning of the problem...the rest of the technical solution you can get in this article ; http://errorcodespro.com/fix-one-more-network-protocols-missing-windows-computer/