Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blank Screen With Boot Cd

Options

When I boot from the Boot CD, I get all kinds of Linux text messages. No problem. But, when it tries to switch to the GUI. the screen flashes a couple of times, and goes to a black screen. I am running Dell Dimension with on-board video.

Comments

• When I boot from the Boot CD, I get all kinds of Linux text messages. No problem. But, when it tries to switch to the GUI. the screen flashes a couple of times, and goes to a black screen. I am running Dell Dimension with on-board video.

More info. When I boot from the CD on the (was) infected PC, I got the following errors;

dpkg-query:failed to open package info file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' for reading: no such file or directory

/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure:xserver-xorg is not installed

I tried using the CD on a different Dell PC (mine, and clean of virus') and it worked. It asked what text mode to run in when it started ( 25 x 40, 25 x 80, etc) and it didn't recognize the video adaptor (built-in) so it defaulted to 640 x 480 in the GUI, which required a text based scan, but it did work, so I know the CD itself is good.

And, if I run the CD in expert mode, it doesn't seem to ask any options regarding video.

Both PCs I tried this on are Dimension 4600s. The only difference is, when I ran it on mine (which worked), it is attached to an LCD monitor. When I tried running the CD on the infected PC (my bosses), it was on a work table attached to a std CRT monitor. The only difference in the PCs is that mine has 2GB RAM, and I think his only has 1.5GB.

If requested, I can try running again and take a picture of the screen with camera, and upload screen-shot. Don't know any other way.