Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I Can't Enable Intrusion Detection

Options

I can't enable Intrusion Detection on Bitdefender 2016, every time I try to change the module from off to on it instantly goes back to off. I have tried turning auto-pilot on and off and neither way works. I would appreciate any help, thank you in advance for any help.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello,

Ensure you are accessing it as an Administrator, you can't change it if you are on a user account.

Plus try running a repair on your Bitdefender AV. Windows Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender. Double click it and choose Repair. Allow it to complete and reboot your computer.

Ro.

• king of 57
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello,

Ensure you are accessing it as an Administrator, you can't change it if you are on a user account.

Plus try running a repair on your Bitdefender AV. Windows Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender. Double click it and choose Repair. Allow it to complete and reboot your computer.

Ro.

I only have the one account on my computer and I already tried to repair it, I have tried running bitdefender as an admin, but it still won't let me change it. If it helps I'm running windows 10. I also just realized after going more in depth in the settings that I can't turn on active threat control either.

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya again,

Not being able to change ID and Threat Control is a symptom of not using your Admin Account, or the account you set up BD with.

Please use "Help and Support" from the figure icon drop-down at the top of the BD GUI to contact Bitdefender for further assistance.

Ro.

• Georgia
    Options

@king of 57 Most probably avc.xml from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\settings is corrupt.

Please replace it in Safe Mode with avc.xml from this folder: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\settings\LGKC

Then reboot the computer and check to see if IDS works as designed now.

Thank you!