Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem Installing Bd Mobile Premium Resolved

Options
garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

Just wanted to share my experience with folks. I own a three licence pack for BDTS2016 and recently purchased a smartphone. I went to the Bitdefender site and purchased a licence for BD Mobile Security. I then went to Bitdefender Central and my licence was showing as "0/1" android devices. I followed the instructions in the FAQ to have BD send me a install email to complete installation and activation on my smartphone (Samsung G386W). I got the email and clicked the link and a page came up that stated the app was compatible, but when I pressed the "Install" button, nothing happened. I repeated the process three times with the same results, experimenting, in between attempts, with the phone's security settings.

Finally, I just used the Google browser on my phone to navigate to the Google Play Store and downloaded BD Mobile directly. It installed correctly and when I went to Bitdefender Central, it had been activated :"1/1" android devices.

It appears the link in the Bitdefender emails last weekend were not fully functional. Passing this along in the hopes that it may help someone else, if the situation should occur again.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

This discussion has been closed.