Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Not Safe

Options

I recently installed BD Safepay free and ran it for a few days on default settings including automatic updates. I then visited one of my banking sites and received a warning about an out of date and insecure browser! When I checked the version of Safepay which is based on Chromium / Chrome, it was a version nearly TWO YEARS old !!! How can Safepay be taken seriously as a secure banking browser when it's a version so old, with all the exploits that are hackable since then? You might want to prefer to get people to upgrade to a paid version, but how can I trust BD using 2 year old browser?

I then actually paid and did an upgrade to the paid Hotspot protection, more than EUR 30 per year............

The result was that despite using a secure hotspot protection, Safepay was STILL showing me for several days that I was on an insecure connection! I was actually on a AES-256 secured WPA2 connection, with hotspot protection paid for, yet Safepay still indicated to me I was on an insecure connection! I then even tried with my own independent secure VPN, but same incorrect message.

It was ONLY when I trialled the full BD AV suite that Safepay was the latest version with zero problems. If BD think they can give lower security to users to "encourage" them to upgrade, they are completely wrong. I will pay for more features, but I will not pay to get the basic security of recent browser which is essential to have even in the basic product; it's a fundemental principle.

Since then I reported to support but got no answers so I asked and received a refund. So BD, please let me and other people know HOW do we get a secure version of Safepay which is seperate to the suite? If you cannot guarantee a secure version, then you must remove download link from your site, you are deceiving people.